Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Eclectic Reader Challenge 2014


This challenge should help pull me out of the dystopian young adult genre I seem to be stuck in....

Book List:
  1.  Award Wining:   Tinkers by Paul Harding
  2.  True Crime (Nonfiction):  Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
  3.  Romantic Comedy:  The Corset Diaries by Katie MacAlister
  4.  Alternate History (Fiction):  Without Warning by John Birmingham 
  5. Graphic Novel:  Suggestions????
  6. Cosy Mystery Fiction:  Brush with Death by Juliet Blackwell
  7. Gothic Fiction:  Red Lory by Dave Newell
  8. War/Military Fiction:  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Bowers
  9. Anthology:  Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
  10. Medical Thriller Fiction:  Harvest by Tess Gerritsen
  11. Travel (Nonfiction):  Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
  12. Published in 2014:  Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Reviews:




2 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Thanks for joining me - I look forward to reading your reviews

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Brona said...

I loved Tinkers, but it will be quite a leap of YA to get there. I read lots of YA when I first started my job (in a local indie bookshop) and was really impressed with the great writing, easy reading & creative plot developments.

But then suddenly, I hit the wall. They started to seem the same, to blend into one another. And I went back to adult stuff, esp classics to find a more satisfying read.

I occasionally go back (for a John Green) but I'm struggling to find anything else I like right now.

I'm going to read The Walking Dead for my graphic novel as Mr Books & I have loved the tv series and I figured that it would help me get into the genre.

Good luck :-)