Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mental Illness Advocacy Reading Challenge 2014



I so appreciate this book challenge, seriously.  Addressing the stigma that people with mental illnesses face is important.  I have committed to the "Advocate" level of this challenge which is reading 12 books.


  1. Darkness is My Only Companion by Kathyrn Greene-McCreight
  2. Voluntary Madness: Lost
  3. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  4. An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison
  5. My Alien Self: My Journey Back to Me by Amanda Green
  6. Devil in the Details: Scenes from am Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig
  7. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
  8. Nowhere Near Normal: A Memoir of OCD by Traci Foust
  9. Bent, not Broken by William Potter
  10. Compelled by Tim Blue
  11. Is it Weird in Here, or is it Just Me? by Rod Whyte
  12. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman

My Reviews:

  1.     







  2. Bent, not Broken by William Potter


  3.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for signing up! I'm so glad to see excitement over the challenge this year, and I'm excited to see what you think of your reads. It's a great list!