Monday, July 8, 2013

#1 Cooking Through a Cookbook

I have chosen the "Glycemic Index Cooking made easy" by Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell and Joanna McMillan Price as the cookbook I will cook through for two reasons:  I wanted the cookbook to be random and I found this cookbook for 50 cents at the thrift store.  I think this may have been a infomercial type book...


Orange Muesli--quick, easy and YUM!


Tortellini and Ham Salad--basic pasta salad that can be freestyled using whatever you have in the fridge.  The recipe called for 2 cans of artichoke hearts but I only used 1 and it was plenty.  I'm not sure I'm an artichoke heart fan.  This was nothing special. 


Marinated Eggplant Slices with Herbs--tasty but seriously, I liked the broiled eggplant BEFORE the marinade happened.  I won't make this again, but I'm glad I tried it because I had no idea broiled eggplant would be so tasty.  Kids would not touch it.  

No comments: